Saturday, April 25, 2009

Taking (things to) a dump

Today I was talking to my mother on the phone. I told I was getting rid of almost everything I owned. All my furniture, a trunkload full of clothes and household things, three paper grocery bags of books. I like my stuff; I'm not a packrat, I use most of it, but I'm moving on Friday and there's not going to be any room for all of it. This is a big deal for me.

My mom, who is a packrat, can relate. She said, "Wow. It's like a colon cleanse!"

How poetic: I am getting rid of a lot of old shit.

1 comment:

Cho Hak said...

I noticed your blog and saw your interests
I apologize for interrupting your day, but thought that you or someone you know would be interested in this.
This is an invitation to join us for Korean tea with An Sonjae (Br. Anthony) and Hong Kyeong-hee, authors of The Korean Way of Tea – in Korea at Hwaeomsa, an ancient temple where some say tea was first planted in Korea more than 1000 years ago. We will trace the history of both Korean tea and Korean tea ware on this private non-profit tour. If you are interested in tea, tea ware, the tea ceremony, pottery, Seon Buddhism (Zen) or international culture, please visit www.TeaTourKorea.com.
Even if you can’t join us, we think you will find the information interesting and would appreciate it if you passed the information on to others. Thank you.
Arthur