Thursday, April 03, 2008

"I like a game of ping pong"

YESTERDAY I LEARNED SOMETHING VERY VALUABLE:

Maybe it was that the bar was over-heated
Or maybe it was because I was still sick with a cold
Or maybe it was just that I felt guilty for skipping class

BUT it is possible to get all hot and sweaty while playing ping pong.

ONE THING I AM GRATEFUL FOR:

That cross-cultural onomatopoeia prevailed and "table tennis" is the term for boring Penelopes who have clean white panties and are xenophobic.



MY NEW FAVORITE SENTENCE:

I like turning my head to the side and showing a coy smile while I imitate my former Chinese students when I asked them what their favorite sport was. (You must draw the term out and lay on your best old-Chinese-lady accent.)

"I like a game of ping pong."

It sounds like it's straight from a Berlitz travel tape.

No comments: